Ok. So I am one of those people who rebels against the whole "new years resolution concept".
Yes, I realize it's probably so I don't have to feel bad when I don't lose the 10 pounds I need to.. but oh well :)
I am a fan however of new beginnings, and new attitudes! So i'm using 2011 to hopefully bring about some change in my life. I'm already eating healthier and not yet exercising - but plan to.
I've been following a wonderful bunch of articles over at write.click.scrapbook. on all the projects you can undertake for the new year. If I could have any wish it would be free time, so I could do all of them! But regardless they are sooo inspiring.
It's still a work in progress, but I thought I'd share my "creative pursuits" for 2011....
* Improving my blog! I'm so sorry it's been neglected.. but I'm having a hard time finding out exactly how it fits into my life. Honestly it's been a lot easier keeping up with my tumblr blog, so i'm anticipating a somewhat radical change with "patchwork pages" this year... so stay tuned for that!
* 40 at 40. I turn 40 this year. bleh. But I'm working on a list of 40 things I want to do now that I'm 40! (or now that i just decided to write them down :)
* I've selected my One Little Word... and signed up for Ali Edwards class at big picture classes! My word is CHANGE!! and soon i'll be sharing more about that.
* More mini albums - i finally got a Zutter Bind it All - yay!!
* Wrap up 2010. I have several "carry-over" projects.. that simply MUST be finished soon! My printer drawer, my butterfly prints, my black table.. etc. I am really wanting to complete these projects, so I can have room for quicker ones :)
Those are just a few of the things I'm looking forward to... and that's just the world inside my scraproom... I'm also working on family goals too :)
I wanted to share with you where a lot of my inspiration is coming from.. these wonderful posts by Karen Grunberg over at WCS.
Resolutions: The Big Picture
Resolutions: What Matters Most
Resolutions: Crafting-Related Projects
Resolutions: Personal Projects
Resolutions: Final Words
Enjoy!! I'd love to hear some other "creative goals"!